Who am I?
I’m David, I’m from Spain and like many other chemists I’ve been wandering for a while. I’ve been a NO-MAD for the last 12 years since I left my home town in Spain , I have lived in 7 different cities from 3 different countries and for the moment I’m settled in London. You can find more about me on Linkedin, ResearchGate, Google Scholar , ResearcherID and twitter
What can you expect from this blog?
I started this blog like many others as an experiment to write about chemistry topics of my interest and the style and the contents have evolved during the 3 years I’ve been writing. In the blog you will find:
- Comments on articles I consider of relevance in organic and organometallic chemistry
- Applications in catalysis and synthesis. I’m very interested in halogenation reactions and Frustrated Lewis Pairs, so expect several posts on those topics among other things.
- My point of view on topics I’ve been involved during my career. I’ve been doing research for more than 10 years and I’ve worked in very different topics including synthesis, catalysis, materials science, biomolecules and polymers.
- Anecdotes, pictures, tips and curiosities related to my new role working at the chemistry teaching labs of Queen Mary University of London.
- From time to time unexpected things…
Thanks for your time, enjoy and I hope you get something good out of this.
Scroll down to know more about my contributions to the fields of Organic and Organometallic chemistry and Catalysis.
10. Aryne-Mediated Arylation of Hantzsch Esters: Access to Highly Substituted Aryl-dihydropyridines, Aryl-tetrahydropyridines and Spiro[benzocyclobutene-1,1′-(3′,4′-dihydropyridines)]. Synthesis, 2018, 50(23): 4591-4605.
9. Intermolecular Aryne Ene Reaction of Hantzsch Esters: Stable Covalent Ene Adducts from a 1,4-Dihydropyridine Reaction. Org. Lett. 2017, 19 (17), pp 4644–4647
8. Binuclear β-Diketiminate Complexes of Copper(I) . Dalton Trans. 2017, Accepted
7. Selective Oxidation of Methane to Methanol Over Cu- and Fe-Exchanged Zeolites: The Effect of Si/Al Molar Ratio. Catal Lett., 2016, 146 (2), 483-492.
6. Re-evaluating selectivity as a determining factor inperoxidative methane oxidation by multimetallic copper complexes. Catal. Sci. Technol., 2015, 5, 4108-4115.
5. Metal-Free Hydrogenation of Electron-Poor Allenes and Alkenes. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 12367-12369.
4. Synthesis and reactivity of electron poor allenes: formation of completely organic frustrated Lewis pairs. Dalton Trans. 2012, 41, 9073-9082.
3. Consecutive C-H Functionalization Reactions of Arenes: Synthesis of Carbo- and Heteropolycyclic Skeletons. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2009, 48, 7857-7861.
2. Decreased Optical Nonlinearities upon CF(3) Substitution on Tricyanofuran Acceptors. Org. Lett 2008, 21, 4963-4966.
1. Iodocarbocyclization reaction of beta-ketoesters and alkynes. Org. Lett. 2007, 15, 2823-2826.